I gave up waiting for the experimental Makibox hotend upgrade.
So as planned, I finally got my new E3d hotend.
Last weekend, during Easterhegg someone 3d printed me a mount for it.
I pretty much followed these instructions.
Except that I made a different modification to the Z endstop, that can be seen below.
I wanted my endstop to be adjustable. (See the photo below)
EndstopsIf you have the PrintRboard (first generation Makibox machines), you need to swap some cables after the firmware update:
From the top down the end-stops are:
* e-stop (move Y endstop cable here on the PrintRboard)
* z endstop
* y endstop (remove this cable)
* x endstop
The E3D version 5 bowden 1.75mm hotend works great!
The Airtripper versioon 3 BSP extruder works great!
The hotend mounting has about 2mm of play in Y.
I'll replace it with a modified version that uses LM4UU linear ball bearings as soon as the bearings get here.
The final line is: I CAN 3D PRINT AGAIN!!!!! :)