2018-02-13

Bonaverde: testing Henry Hück

Project history

  1. old posting: 'roast only' on the Bonaverde - Familia Alfaro
  2. current posting
  3. next posting: Bonaverde - Emulating NFC cards









This time I tried
Bean Type:  not specified
Process "natural"
Grown by Henry Hück
of Nicaragua
Store: Bonaverde Store entry for these beans


This is one of the larger bean packs I got from a coffee delivery for my Bonaverde Berlin roast+grind+brew coffee machine.

Results I

I used: roast+grind+brew via the alpha version of the "Coffee Concierge" Facebook Messenger Chat bot.
No extra time after roasting for CO2 could be released.

I used  600ml of freshly filtered water.

filter coffee

Result:
At first I got the same, distinct sour taste along both sides of the tongue,
that I seem to get with all coffee I try. I can't get rid of it.
After a while I cleaned my mouth with filtered water. Used a fresh glass and tried again.
The sourness is only very faint and in the back of the mouth
but sadly it's the only taste I can find apart from the obvious.
Given the horrible results I had before, this however is a great success.
I will have to find out wether to attribute it to the green beans, the roasting profile belonging to these beans, the slightly cool glassware I used instead of my regular earthen coffee mugs or whatever.

PS: Obviously it still gets sour quickly when it has cooled down. Like any coffee.

Henry Hueck | Coffee Producer from Bonaverde on Vimeo.

Keine Kommentare: