2011-05-14

Assembling a Thing-O-Matic

Finally my new Thing-O-Matic is here.
It will hopefully be a nice addition to my large RepMan.
Assembly has already started.

I found the assembly-instructions from Makerbot to be quite...lacking in details, so I'm recording every step to make a video-howto of the assembly for my YouTube channel.
Of cause I also added all the feedback on what needs to be improved on the talk-pages of the assembly-instruction in the Makerbot wiki.

I also found a few design-flaws with the automated build platform and with the Y-assembly that I want to improve.
(Make the ABP spring-loaded like on the Repman as a safety precaution, allow for a tightening of the belt for easier assembly and countering any wear-out of the belt,...)

Photo-album:
05-2011_Thing-O-Matic



Keine Kommentare: