An Android companion app to
- enter expenses as they happen
- expenses are stored templates involving multiple accounts and currencies
- the actual values for each split are either to be enterd or a fixed percentage of an already entered value (e.g. 19% sales tax of a petrol purchase for the company car go to a different account)
- look up existing transactions and invoices
- Gnucash (zipped XML) file is stored on a Dropbox or other network storage accessible from the phone
- After my first feature request for an official XML Schema was declined, wait for my second one to be accepted.
- jGnucash requires JWSDP. No idea on how to port that part of my code Android yet.
- OFX import - does not allow split transactions at all
- CSV import - does not allow split transactions at all
- Gnucash API - C and desktop only. I don't do C anymore and idealy there is no desktop involved.Also: "Unfortunatly there doesn't exist any up-to-date coherent set of documentation."
- Gnucash Android app (Sources) doesn't read or write Gnucash files. It only exports OFX.
- Wait for the Gnucash team to come up with a network protocol or similar