2012-11-28

Rant about Google Now

My comment on a posting about Google Now got somewhat lengthy, so I'm turning it into a Blog posting:




Would be more amazing if Google Now actually worked.
  • Completely oblivious to train schedules in my calendar.
  • Not offering non-local trains to reach my destinations.
  • Not offering bus schedules in all places I was ever at.
  • "Leave now" notifications not leading to the corresponding cards (but instead to Google Now in general with a completely unrelated set of cards).
  • Constant, annoying routes to places I've never heard about, let alone having any intent on going there and to meet people I've never gone to meet in the past (they just happen to be in a village less then 100Km away at the moment).
  • Oblivious to airplane reservations in calendar, email and the Lufthansa App.
  • It's a glorified weather app that is limited to the weather where I am instead of where I'm going.


And why is that website  insisting on scaling up to be 2x2048px, 2x18" wide? I takes forever to scroll over even one of these giant, multiple screen height photos. The text is practically unreadable that  way.


"Google’s going to know when my flight is, whether my package has gotten here yet and where my wife is"
It was completely oblivious of my flight even though flight number, locations and time zones on calender entries,... where there.
It never found out about any of the packages I got standardized tracking emails for. (DHL, DHL-Express, USPS, FedEx, Amazon emails with tracking numbers,... in German and in English.)
It can't even figure out where I live, where I live during weekdays and where I work (despite having Latitude active),
let along who I'm affiliated with. (Even though it probably knows about my Google Accounts and thus the Google+ circles.)


Keine Kommentare: