The PlanMy current 2011 Macbook is great and enough except for the old graphics card.
I want a Macbook with
- >2TB of disk space (=mechanical drives),
- lots of upgradable memory (>=32GB)
- Thunderbolt 2 or 3 for my existing Thunderbold 2 hardware
- A CUDA 1.2 capable graphics card with lots of memory
It is supposed to run
- DaVincy Resolve
- Final Cut Pro X
- VMWare for my Geomagic Studio CAD
- Dual Boot into Windows >=8.1 for the Kinect V2
- Android Studio
This blog posting is being updated as the project progresses.
P70 hardware notes
graphicsNVIDIA Quadro M5000M 8 GB
wifiIntel Dual Band Wireless-AC/B/G/N 8260, Bluetooth-Version 4.0 vPro
pointing device(s)support? for multiple fingers?
- "Also I recommend Unibeast to do the install, then Multibeast to do the drivers post-install bit... Clover was too advanced, I didn't get it as well."
- "Clover, however, provides a more native experience, a modern UI, faster boot times, iMessage/iCloud/Facetime support, on-the-fly kext patching for things like SATA, Graphics, Power Management, etc. General consensus is that if you have a newer configuration with a UEFI motherboard, you should choose Clover method."
- Wat are kext files?
Just collecting information yet since I never build a hackingtosh yet.