WizoScriptAparently someone wrote an application that uses the (very limited) API to write a Python script interpreter that can create and modify designs in the CAD program. It apears to exist for quite some time now and was formerly known as ADScript. A blog named Britishideas posted about it back in 2013 with a series of cool examples. WizoScript (as it is now called) already contains functions to make gears. Although it seems to not do the undercuts properly (as aparently many involute gear generators do).
ExamplesBeware that the examples all expect the planes to have english names. In a German Geomagic Design you need to change "XY-Plane" to "XY-Ebene" for the examples to work.
- BritishIdeas: Introduction to scripting
- BritishIdeas: Python-Scripting in FreeCAD
- BritishIdeas: Create an antire part library of bolts from one template.
- BritishIdeas: Involute Gears in Alibre Design
- much easier compared to a DXF based involute gear generator
- BritishIdeas: Scripting easy to 3D print accurate holes ("Polyholes")
There is more!
- BritishIdeas: Assembly Export utility that orients each part properly for 3D printing!
- BritishIdeas: using that utility to export multi-material/multi-color designs!
- BritishIdeas: Rendering with Blender