2017-04-30

ATC: parts for my CNC arrived

Project history

  1. After evaluating my choices in  back in February
  2. I decided on what ATC system to get for my CNC mill in March. (posting contains MACH3 software references)
  3. Now the Usovo parts for my CNC finally arrived.
  4. next: mounting spindle and cables, improved mount for Z axis homig
  5. Defining M06 tool change macro (WIP)
  6. Next project: designing a chain link tool library

Too late to install them during the easter holidays but they arrived.

PROBLEM!!! - update: Solution in progress
The water-pump Usovo has shipped in the WZW105 kit,
does not fit the spindle and tubes they included. It has fittings for much larger tubes.
I may find out what thread they use and find fitting to fix this however it may mean that the water pump is not strong enough to push water (and more importantly: small air bubbles) through the smaller tubes.

Update: It'2 now 2 weeks with no answer from Usovo regarding both issues.

Update: I got an answer. The water pump fitting where an honnest mistake and apparently I got 5 SK15 tool holders for the ring system, not for this system and a single, DIFFERENTLY LOOKING SK15 holders also for the ring system. I'm making an adapter to use the top-system, pneumatic tool magazine with tool holders designed for the ring system.

References

I already have the Usovo Manual in German and English.
I also found this document with meassurements (page 9) for the tool magazines

Positions:
tool #1 X=0 Y=565 Z=0
tool #1 X=0 Y=530 Z=0
tool #1 X=0 Y=495 Z=0
tool #1 X=0 Y=460 Z=0
tool #1 X=0 Y=425 Z=0
tool #1 X=0 Y=390 Z=0
tool sensor X=18 Y=585 Z=0

Photos

Since there are so few detail photos of them
(especially of the backside and inside of the control box)
I made some photos for everyone who considers the same upgrade.

Photos - Unboxing

 

Photos - main box


 













Photos - Power supply 

Photos - water pump


 








Because the pump has no mounting holes, I designed a simple mount for it:



Photos - spindle and mount











Keine Kommentare: