2018-12-16

Mysterious crash

Project history

  1. Previous project: LPG/CNG Price Reporter
  2. last step: Android App for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
  3. current posting
  4. next step: New BMPCC4K firmware
  5. Next project: designing a chain link tool library

The BMPC4K app I wrote has exactly 1 crash on 2 devices in Play Store.
However I'm completely puzzled by the stacktrace.
It's not made easier by the fact that I can't reproduct the crash since it happens on 2 user's phones that I have no access to.

All my own code is in the biz.wolschon... -packages.
This crash is entirely in the Wear OS library by Google.
I'm using
implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-wearable:16.0.1'

16.0.1 is indeed the latest and greatest version available at this time.
Since Google has obfuscated it's libraries, a search for other people with this issue in that line of code turns up nothing.

It seems to happen at Fragment -creation time. However I'm not using any fragments from GMS. At least I'm not aware of any.
All I can try is to move from the support library 27.1.1 to 28.0.0 with a 28 target SDK. This mandates some unrelated changes. None of them look like they should affect me.

Update: I just came back, tested that the new, public beta version works and uploaded it to Play Store. Let's see if the crash still happens and if so, something shows up in the Stacktrace that hints to a cause this time.

 Links:

Keine Kommentare: