2018-12-03

Rant about the 8Sinn cage for the BMPCC4K

I just wrote the following feedback to the very expensive 8Sinn cage for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K:

I have your Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K -cage.
There are 3 features you should definately improve:

1: Access to the locking power socket is nearly inpossible.
Getting your fingers in there is a nightmare even without fighting the cover doors.

2: The cable strain-relieve for the USB-port does not open wide enough to allow
the cable that comes with the Samsung T5 to fit and the expensive Samsung T5
holder did not come with a cable that does.

3: The allen key(s) has no place to store it in the cage itselt.
So it's always missing.
I can't mount my T5 SSD becaue I only have the caged camera with me.
The cable stress relieve on the T5-holder can not be opened without
and it's comes tighened from the factory.
This step should be possible, if not trivial, without easy-to-loose tools.
What's the point of having nice, machined handles if you need an allen
key anyway?
At the very least a laser-marking what size of tool one needs to send
someone to buy for the next day of shooting would have helped.

Also:
The cage uses 2 sizes of allen key.
However the SSD holder uses a THIRD size for no obvious reason.
The smaller size, already used in the cage looks like it would have worked just fine
without adding an additional, easy to loose, tool to the mix.


Also:
A second hot shoe (maybe as part of the SSD-holder) would be nice,
so I can mount my microphone while having the SSD semi-permanently attached.
(Of cause I can screw in an additional hot shoe. But it would have been nice if this
was something that just works out of the box.)

Keine Kommentare: