2012-09-12

3D printing again

Being so occupied with the new CNC milling machine I haven't 3d printed anything in a while.
So here I am, printing mounting brackets Ryan designed to attach my new limit switches to the CNC mill.
I had lots and lots of issues with filament expanding and blocking on my Thing-o-Matic.
So this time I tried something new. I lowered the PLA temperature from 200°C to 185°C .
I still need to watch the whole print and instantly react when the filament stops to come out or the drive bolt starts to grind on the filament instead of transporting it. But so far I have 30 minutes of productive printing.
Formerly it would hardly do 10 minutes without major issues.
Still a *long* way from actually using the ABP to print a batch of objects while I'm sleeping...

Keine Kommentare: